Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., excluding holidays.
Alan Ricke, Director of Parks and Recreation
Elizabeth Deveaux, Administrative Assistant
The Parks and Recreation Department is responsible for the planning, organizing, supervising, directing and administering of all activities related to parks and recreation, special events and community outreach programs.
All seven Town parks are under the direction of the Director of Parks and Recreation, Alan Ricke. They include:
The specific goals of the Department are to:
- Implement quality parks and recreation programs that effectively address community needs and increase park usage
- Select and work with organizations to provide outstanding after-school programs, summer camp services, and a variety of active and passive sports and activities for all ages
- Implement the Parks Master Plan objectives focusing on the design and construction phases for Town parks
- Develop community pride by enhancing the aesthetics of all parks and recreation facilities
- Provide accessibility to all people by implementing ADA standards in all park facilities
- Continue to explore possibilities for additional pocket parks and jointly with the Town Manager explore the location of a permanent Town Hall/Park Complex
- Market and promote our Town through an exciting campaign
- Devise park rules and regulations through community input and participation