Clerk's Office FAQ

What is the cost incurred with processing a lien search request?

  • Standard lien search fee is $100.00 (Non-Refundable)
  • Expedited lien search fee is $200.00 (Non-Refundable) 
  • Lien Search Request Form

What is the turnaround time for a lien search request?

  • Turnaround time for standard lien search is 5-7 business days from receipt of payment
  • Turnaround time for expedited lien search is 24 hours (Mon-Fri) from receipt of payment

What information does a lien search reveal?  Is it the same as a permit search? 

  • The Office of the Town Clerk provides lien verification regarding Code Violations, False Alarm Violations and Unsafe Structures.  Requests for open/expired/closed permits are not associated with lien searches.  A request for a permit search will be forwarded to the Building Department for verification; payment for a permit search must be made separately.

What forms of payment do you accept?

  • Credit Card (in person with valid ID only)
  • Checks made payable to "The Town of Cutler Bay"

What information is needed in order to process a lien search request?

  • Property Address
  • Folio#
  • Owner (optional)

When and where are the Town Council Meetings held? 

  • Town Council Meetings are generally held every third Wednesday of the month at 7PM in the Town Council Chambers.  By Town Charter, the Town Council must hold 11 meetings per year.
  • To view current schedule of meetings click here

Where can I find agendas, adopted resolution, ordinances & minutes?

  • These can all be downloaded from the website under the Town Clerk's page.
  • These documents are Public Records and can always be obtained by contacting the Town Clerk's Office by phone at 305-234-4262 or by email at

How do I contact a member of the Town Council?

  • Contact information for the Town Council can be found here
  • You may also contact the Office of the Town Clerk by phone at 305-234-4262 or via email at 

Which Council member represents my residential area?

How do I make a Public Records Request?

  • Florida Government-in-the-Sunshine law provides a right of access to governmental proceedings and documents. Florida law does not require anyone to place a public records request in writing.  However, if you would like to do so, please make your public record request by calling the Town of Cutler Bay, Office of Town Clerk at 305-234-4262 or emailing 


    Charges as allowed by Florida Statute Chapter 119 are applicable.  The Town is also authorized to charge and collect a special service charge for the staff costs associated with conducting the search for records that would require extensive use of clerical and/or technology staff time.  The Town uses more than 15 minutes as the trigger for assertion of this charge.  If the records request requires extensive use of information technology resources or extensive clerical or supervisory assistance by the Town staff, the Town may charge in addition to the actual cost of duplication, a special service charge which is based on the cost incurred for the extensive use of information technology resources or the labor cost of the personnel providing the service.  

    For your convenience we have made a Public Records Request Form available to you for download. To obtain the form please click here

Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.